Termites pose a major threat to our furniture. They feed voraciously on wood and
are akin to destroy paper products such as book, cardboard, boxes and a whole
array of other items. the total consideration on this fact enables us to speed up the
process of insect control and get the best termite control.
It is true that most of us insure our houses to help recover loss arising from fires, storms and earthquakes, but is it possible to carry insurance against termite infestation? A termite colony is large and well organized. They comprise a queen, king and winged reproductive swarmer, soldiers and workers. Worker termites are the one who are small, creamy and white insects.
Drywood Termites derive their name from their very source of existence. These kinds of termites generally establish themselves in wood that is not decayed, or in contact with the ground moisture.
Subterranean Termites are the most damaging species among termites. They require being in regular contact with moisture for their survival. Therefore, these termites most commonly nests underground and also has the capability to damage the timber foundations.
- It is very important to keep all the wooden items at least 20 cm above the ground to ensure safety from termite.
- Get rid of decaying trees or debris nearby, if there are any.
- Plant your trees away from house.
- Replace with concrete all wood that’s in contact with soil.
- Take advice and help from a professional to recognize termite infestation if there are any and get rid of the problem.
- Termiticides are very important to treat termite infestation. We make sure that terimiticide is handled by a licensed pest control operator.
Ants are one of the most successful and well organized groups of insects in the animal kingdom. Ants are popularly known as social insects. They form communities which are highly organized and sometimes these communities can comprise of millions of individuals. These ant species or their colonies are of invasive nature. The individuals in ant communities work in unison to form super colonies which can span over a large area of land. Describing the ants as super-organisms therefore is no misnomer because they operate as a single entity. Orion provides the best ant pest control services in india.
Carpenter Ants has length around ¼ inches (6.4mm) for a worker ant and ¾ inches 919.14 mm) for a queen. The carpenter ants survive in damp locations. The carpenter ants prefer to excavate wood that has been damaged by water or moisture.Special methods are required to ensure appropriate carpenter ants control.
As their very name suggests these ants commonly nests in or under cracks in pavements. They are normally about 1/12-1/18” (2.5-4mm) long and their queen is about 3/8” (8mm) long.
These ants belong to the family of Monomorium. They are really small in size, black and are closely related to the Pharaoh ant (an indoor pest ant). It nests in soil under rocks, logs and debris.
These ants have the ability to inflict tremendous painful bites and stings, a characteristic from which it derived its name. A mature colony in Fire ants can produce as many as 4,500 swarmer during a year. The queen lives for 2-6 years. The males among the group die shortly after mating.Programs of organic pest control can be taken recourse to in order to get rid of them.
- In order to save food from ant it is very important that you keep food debris free. It is important in particular to pay attention to floors, area around the tables, chairs, kitchen sinks and cookers.
- It is not hygienic to leave used utensils overnight. Wash your utensils immediately after use.
- It is advisable to tie garbage in refuse bags before disposing them.
- Make sure to wipe away spilled sweet drinks and food immediately.
- Treat the nests with residual insecticide. For instance dust in the voids of outside ground-floor walls; use a residual insecticide to efficiently treat the cracks in the slab and you can also adhere to barrier treatment to ascertain best control. You can also inject directly with an appropriately labeled high-pressure aerosol (160 psi) into the entrance and exit opening in the cracks or expansion joint of a concrete floor in order to get effective results.
- For ensuring best prevention and control from ant problems seek Orion Pest’s Control’s help.
- Do change the water in the container at least once a week. This is important since the eggs take only 7 days to become an adult.
- In order to prevent full grown female mosquitoes from breeding always cover up your stored water.
- Take special care that rain water is not getting stored in the unused or uncovered items around your house. Keep checking your roof gutters on regular basis for any sort of blockage.
- Add insecticide granules to water in plant bowls and plates beneath pots to kill the larvae.These granules can last 1 – 3 months.
- For ensuring a mosquito-free & safe living environment call the professionals of Orion Pest.
Flies do not bite or sting, in spite of that they are considered lethal to human beings.
They are known for spreading easily communicable diseases. These seemingly harmless insects are the carriers of at least 200 known pathogens and parasites to humans. They hover around any imaginable filthy places, carry germs from their and transfer these deadly germs to the food we eat. Some diseases known to be spread by flies include cholera, typhoid, dysentery, and other food-borne maladies.
They are about 1/6-inch in length and are light grey in color or tan in color with even lighter colored wings. Their body as well as wings is covered with long hairs which attributes to its fuzzy appearance. They fold their wings over the body in a roof like manner when resting. Different methods of hornet control India must be applied to get rid of this problem.
They are larger in size from the house flies. They are shiny and metallic blue or green on color. They are also referred to as the “Blue-bottle” fly. They exist in garbage damps, dead animals, excrement and food.
House flies are the general feeders. They are attracted to multitude of different things from excrement to human foods. They have a sponging mouthpart because of which they can only feed on liquids. Appropriate fleas and ticks prevention is required to stop them from causing nuisance.
They are very small in size and are yellow-brown in color. They frequent near decade fruit, vegetables or rubbish. Fruit flies tend to be more active around dawn and dusk.
- It is important to remove garbage, faeces and other animal matters regularly.
- Always dispose such materials tied in a plastic bag.
- If manures are to be used as fertilizers they must be stored in tied bags and kept dry. Manure left exposed in open is the favourite ground for flies breeding. Therefore always cover manure with a layer of earth or soil.
- Fix fly scree to your windows to prevent the entry of flies to your home.
- Use aerosol insecticide to kill adult flies. Although aerosol must be strictly kept out of kitchens, restaurants and F&B outlets. Instead you can use fly bait consisting of syrup or food mixed with insecticides is more suitable.
Rats are huge nuisance not only for the homeowners but also for the business owners.
Apart from carrying a number of deadly diseases, they bite human beings, cut down wires, mutilate our valuable belongings, damage buildings, and create unsanitary living conditions. Every year millions of people died from rodent-borne diseases. The dangerous aspect of their nature is that they can rapidly transport diseases.
Some diseases known to be spread by flies include E.Coli, Plague, Salmonella, Rat-Bite Fever, Lyme disease and more. Rodents have brilliantly adapted the skills of living in close proximity to humans. The moment you detect rat infestation, quickly consult with a pest control professional.
They are also referred to as the brown rat or the sewer rat. They have the tendency of growing pretty large. These are the rats that we commonly encounter running in drains, around the eating places, in bin center and in warehouses. Appropriate rodent control methods must be implemented to get rid of them.
They are very small in comparison to the other rats. Because of their tiny size they can enter buildings very easily. They are also very good in climbing, jumping and swimming. They live in small groups and nests in gaps between walls, false ceilings, furniture and rubbish dumps.
These rats feed on all kind of foods including ours. They create nuisance by contaminating our food with their urine and faeces. This is a very common way in which the rats transmit diseases such as leptospirosis. Well determined method of rats control at house is required to control them and their breeding.
As their very name suggests they are found mostly in sewers. They come out when the sewers run dry into toilet bowls and open drains which do not have cast iron lids. Their behavior and lifecycle is similar to the ways of Norway or Brown Rats.
- It is necessary to keep all the food stuff away from the reach of rats. Store the food in air tight and strong containers. Don’t use plastic for storage since rats are able to gnaw through plastics.
- Keep your household free from food wastes and spillage. Dispose them in a tied plastic bag. Place the bags inside tightly covered strong bins. Don’t simply throw away wastes in plastic bags because it won’t be very difficult for rats to eat through the plastic bags.
- Block all the possible entry points with wire mesh in your household to prevent rats from entering the house.Wire mesh can also be placed around pipes to stop rats from climbing up or down into houses.
- Snap trap is the most effective way of killing rats instantly. Place the trap baited with cheese and left it on the rat routes.
- Rat infestation needs to be dealt with professional assistance. Call for Orion Pest Control.